Subject: [OT] Re: seg-vios from gcc program at execv() on Windows XP
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 08:42:28 -0700

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> > (BTW ping and dig utilities would be nice!)
> 
> FWIW, XP (and 2k) come with "`cygpath -S`/ping.exe" and
> "`cygpath -S`/nslookup.exe".  There were also some threads on porting ping
> to Cygwin -- search the list archives.

I know this is heading off topic...

I like to install the win32 version of ISC BIND9, which gives a
unix-like dig / host / nslookup / named / rndc.  (It also allows you to
run your own caching resolver, which you can appreciate if you happen to
have a flakey ISP with poor nameservers.)

It would be nice to have a true Cygwin-ported set of netutils though, no
doubt about it.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/