Subject: Re: SSH Environment
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 02:17:18 -0700

"David E. Meier" wrote:

> I try the running ssh client with only the required dll's from a .net
> application and without a full cygwin installation. Basically that works
> fine.

SSH looks in /etc/passwd for the user's home directory, I believe.  It
uses the mount table to know where /etc is actually located, as with any
Cygwin application.

> Then I tried setting the HOME-variable to different values when starting
> the ssh-process from my .net application using 

Insert here the usual reminder that if you distribute a Cygwin binary
such as ssh you must also arrange means to distribute the full source
code required to build that binary, which includes the source to the
Cygwin DLL.  Pointing users to cygwin.com for source code is not
allowed.

Brain

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/