Subject: Re: 1.5.11-1: Problem running executables in bash
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 15:24:12 -0700

Nathan Green wrote:

> SET HOME="c:\cygwin"
> SET PATH="c:\cygwin\bin"
> 
> C:
> chdir C:\cygwin\bin
> 
> bash --login -i

Why did you edit this file?  Your PATH almost certainly requires more
than just \cygwin\bin in it.  You will have great difficulty running
many things without your windows system directory in the path.  You
shouldn't even need to mess with the PATH variable unless you want your
cygwin directory in the path outside of cygwin.bat.  That is, it will be
added to your path when you start bash so there's no need to set it in
cygwin.bat.  If you insist on editing it then at least prepend cygwin to
the beginning of the path, don't replace the path with just \cygwin\bin.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/