Subject: Re: Wget incorrectly mirroring some web site directories and files.
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 17:57:06 -0700

L Anderson wrote:

> Is it a bug/feature in 'wget'; i.e., 'wget' handles the '\' not as a
> directory thingy but as part of the file name thus converting things
> like 'x\y' to 'x%5Cy' or is it caused by some other part of cygwin?

This is the fault of the web site author.  If he uses <img
src="x\y.jpg"> in his html then the correct behavior of the browser is
to attempt to download x%5Cy.jpg.  That is, backslashes are not valid
path seperators in URLs, and it's only because your browser is allowing
you some leeway and not following the standards that the site works
correctly.  Email the person that created the page and tell them not to
use backslashes in URLs as path seperators.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/