Subject: Re: cygrunsrv fails to run services
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 23:42:29 +0200

Hello Igor,

>> I don't think that it is in the path code.  Must be some other reason.
>> E.g. cygserver runs in background, but cygrunsrv thinks it receives an
>> error and exits, also sshd is running happily in background without
>> cygrunsrv sitting on it.  So it is not the problem that the application
>> is not running.

> Huh?  The whole point of cygrunsrv is to take a *foreground* application
> and turn it into a service.  That's why you specify the "-F" flag to
> httpd, and the "-D" flag to sshd when you install them as services using
> cygrunsrv.

Should be possible to debug it, I could build a debug version of
cygrunsrv, and trace it?

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/