Subject: RE: Re: Bash is very, very stable (was: Bash returns incorrect process status)
From: "Phil Betts" <[email-masked]>
To: "Pierre A. Humblet" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 16:22:04 +0100

Pierre A. Humblet wrote:

> Hi Phil,
> 
> The symptoms are consistent with the pid reuse issue,
> although it is not common on NT4, AFAIK.
> 
> A patched version is available as
> http://xxxxxx.xxxxxxx.xxx/xxxxxxxx/bash.exe
> Please keep that url private.
> 
> If you try it, let me know (or the list) the outcome.
> 
> Pierre

Hi Pierre,

WFM.  I've given it a quick test using a command-line grabbed out of
my history that always went wrong unless I used /bin/echo.  I'll
install it in place of the regular bash now so that it'll get a
thorough work-out.  If there are any problems, I'll keep you posted.

Nice work,

Phil

**********************************************************************
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify
the system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by
MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.

www.mimesweeper.com
**********************************************************************

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/