Subject: Re: PCYMTNQREAIYR, it really works.
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 22:52:00 -0400

On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 04:34:13AM +0200, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>Hello Andrew,
>
>>> there is dbmail, but it doesn't work with Windows (or Cygwin) yet.
>
>> Don't see how dbmail will help you with spam.
>
>I want to store my mail in a database.  My email client should only
>need to display the mail, not working as a database server.  I tried
>again to get dbmail up and running and I see now that it is working
>and injecting my mails into PostgreSQL:
>
>Eventlog:dbmail/smtp : PID 922 : insert_messages(): message id=1, size=3712 is inserted.
>
>dbmail includes an IMAP and a POP server, now I can read my mail via
>IMAP locally.  Need to find a good IMAP client now.  I thought it
>would be the best option to do filtering in a database.

I'm using dbmail to store my email and I've written a simple perl script
to do automatic filtering of mailing lists into different imap folders.
It works well but it is s*l*o*w*.  I'll send it to you if you are
interested.

The perl script does spam filtering via spamassassin.

cgf

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/