Subject: Re: PCYMTNQREAIYR, it really works.
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 04:34:13 +0200

Hello Andrew,

>> there is dbmail, but it doesn't work with Windows (or Cygwin) yet.

> Don't see how dbmail will help you with spam.

I want to store my mail in a database.  My email client should only
need to display the mail, not working as a database server.  I tried
again to get dbmail up and running and I see now that it is working
and injecting my mails into PostgreSQL:

Eventlog:dbmail/smtp : PID 922 : insert_messages(): message id=1, size=3712 is inserted.

dbmail includes an IMAP and a POP server, now I can read my mail via
IMAP locally.  Need to find a good IMAP client now.  I thought it
would be the best option to do filtering in a database.

Spam is another problem, I was mainly interested becaus eyou wrote
that you store email in a database.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/