Subject: Attn: FAQ [Was: CYGWIN + APCHE + Net::SMTP]
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 14:38:54 -0700

Prakash Khemani wrote:
> 
> Yes. Setting the SYSTEMROOT environment variable in Apach'e CGI
> environment did it. "Thou shalt not unset SYSTEMROOT" is a good
> commandment to stick with.
> 
> Thanks everybody for the excellent help!

Since this has come up a few times recently and is somewhat non-obvious,
any chance of having it added to the Cygwin FAQ?  Perhaps the Apache
README would be a better place, but it would seem to apply to any
situation where some program "cleans" the environment and then Windows
functions start to mysteriously fail.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/