Subject: Re: can not find cygcrypt-0.dll
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 11:20:33 +0200

Hello Brian,

Am Donnerstag, 23. September 2004 um 04:06 schriebst du:

> Yu-Cheng Chou wrote:

>> I installed the latest cygwin (1.5.11.1) on a windows 2000 machine, and
>> tried to start the sshd service, but an error message occurred saying
>> that cygcrypt-0.dll can not be found in PATH. The thing is that cygcrypt-
>> 0.dll does not exist in the system.
>> Any idea to fix it?

> cygcrypt-0.dll comes in the "crypt" package, section "Libs".  Install it
> from setup.

> Normally, setup takes care of all dependencies for you, but looking at
> setup.ini I don't see that openssh or any of its dependencies includes
> crypt on their "requires" line so this may just be a simple packaging
> bug.  I could be missing something though.

I wonder why openssh requires crypt at all, since it is linked agianst
openssl it shouldn't be needed (tm).

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/