Subject: Re: can not find cygcrypt-0.dll
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 19:06:38 -0700

Yu-Cheng Chou wrote:

> I installed the latest cygwin (1.5.11.1) on a windows 2000 machine, and
> tried to start the sshd service, but an error message occurred saying
> that cygcrypt-0.dll can not be found in PATH. The thing is that cygcrypt-
> 0.dll does not exist in the system.
> Any idea to fix it?

cygcrypt-0.dll comes in the "crypt" package, section "Libs".  Install it
from setup.

Normally, setup takes care of all dependencies for you, but looking at
setup.ini I don't see that openssh or any of its dependencies includes
crypt on their "requires" line so this may just be a simple packaging
bug.  I could be missing something though.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/