Subject: Re: New packge: lighttpd-1.3.0
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 01:18:21 +0200

Hello Brian,

>> I hate this package since I tried to build it the first time.

> Part of the problem here is that "We don't support building under
> Cygwin" is the official line from php-dev.

Sigh;)

> I've got php-4.3.8 working fine as a DSO with Apache (a single 3.1M
> chgphp4.dll.)  This works for whatever modules/extensions are statically
> included, but obviously that's not quite acceptable.  If you
> "--enable-foo=shared" you get a foo.a file in the modules dir, but this
> is not a win32 executable and so it cannot be dlopen()'d.  I'm still
> working on how to get these extension modules working, when I do I'll
> ITP the whole batch.

If it works on Linux to get .so shared modules, why should it not work
on Cygwin to get the modules the same way?

I have already half the way through, I'll hopefully get a shared
library now and then I'll try to get the modules shared too.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/