Subject: Re: cygwin, libtool, dlpreopen, and .rdata
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 12:56:12 +0200

Hello Charles,

[...]

> But it can't, because .rdata is non-writable.  However, this is a 
> *runtime* error; the *link* succeeds.  But when you run the app, you get
> a popup window declaring:

> "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK
> to terminate the application."

Ahhhhhhhhhh, this is the reason why I cannot get GConf running in
first place.  Thank you Charles for this information!!!!!!!

[...]

> Note, I found this problem in libtool-1.5.x, but it exists in HEAD, too.
>   The following patch is against HEAD...

I'll try if it works ok with this solution.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/