Subject: Re: New packge: lighttpd-1.3.0
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: "'Reini Urban'" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 12:30:57 +0200

Hallo R.,

> I think what is required is a separate php package - making it work
> with a web server (apache or lighttpd) is just a configuration
> issue. 

Yes, but you cannot build PHP with fastcgi and Apache support at the
same time, so there should be several packages, runtime for every
webserver available (currently only lighttpd) plus one common
package (devel stuff).

> I imagine most of the problems arise when trying to decide on a
> standard set of modules to be included with the "standard" php
> package. Or is it possible to package php modules separately, e.g.
> the postgres, ssl, imap, etc.?

Just include everything possible seems to be ok;)  There should be all
important modules which are really needed, e.g. database modules for
mysql and pgsql, sqlite and others, all graphic stuff possible (GD,
JPEG, PNG, ...), cryptographic stuff like openssl, mhash, ...,
compression, pear, XML/XSLT, pdflib, PSPELL?  Well you see, one cannot
say which extension is important and which isn't, just try to use
every available extension seems to be ok IMO.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/