Subject: Re: cygwin, libtool, gdb: dll not found
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 09:48:10 +0200

Charles Wilson writes:

> [cygwin list: I'm CC'ing this so that it goes into the archives, but
> it's pretty technical about the innards of libtool...]

Great.  This addresses my yet unanswered problem that holds back guile 1.7.1

    http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-09/msg00883.html

> With newer gcc's (cygwin version numbers 3.3.3-3, 3.4.1-1, but not
> 3.3.1-3), const variables are placed in an .rdata section.  This
> causes problems

but this I do not understand; I've tried 2.95.3 and 3.4.1; they both
present this same popup box to whomever happens to be sitting at the
console (btw, is there a way to get Windows to display the error in a
more sensible way, to the person who actually issues the command?):

> "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on
> OK to terminate the application."

and the strange thing is that gdb says: dll not found.

> Index: config/ltmain.in
> ===================================================================

Thanks!  I'll try this tonight.

Jan.

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.lilypond.org

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/