Subject: RE: New packge: lighttpd-1.3.0
From: <[email-masked]>
To: "'Gerrit @ cygwin'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 01:33:12 +0100

Hi Gerrit,

> But why wait for me?  Try it yourself?  No problem that
> cannot be discussed at this list (as long as it is about problems with
> building some open sourced code for cygwin).

Well, I'll give it a go...

I just downloaded the latest cygwin + gnu toolset. The lighttpd package is also
installed.

I also downloaded and built the fastcgi dev. Kit
(http://www.fastcgi.com/dist/fcgi.tar.gz)

I then grabbed the latest 4.3.8 php source tarball, un-tarred it and built it as
follows:

# ./configure --enable-fastcgi --enable-force-cgi-redirect --with-layout=GNU
--with-pgsql
# make
# make install

# php -v
PHP 4.3.8 (cgi-fcgi) (built: Sep 22 2004 00:46:39)
Copyright (c) 1997-2004 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies

Well, that seems to work.

I then downloaded and installed spawn-fcgi from the lighttpd project download
page and built and installed it.
(http://jan.kneschke.de/projects/lighttpd/download/spawn-fcgi-1.2.0.tar.gz)

I ran the PHP fastcgi interface like this:

# spawn-fcgi.exe -f /usr/local/bin/php -p 1026 -C 5
spawn-fcgi.c.150: child spawned successfully: PID: 5824

I also grabbed the spawn-php.sh example script
(http://jan.kneschke.de/projects/lighttpd/download/spawn-php.sh) but this didn't
seem to work.

I then configured lighttpd to use the fastcgi for php and created sample file
info.php in the home directory of the web site containing:

<?php
  phpinfo();
?>

When I opened by web browser to localhost I saw the php configuration page. It
works!

Not sure where to go with this now - I'll try setting up a php application that
uses a database or something.

Any suggestions?

R.
--
http://robinbowes.com  

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/