Subject: Re: New packge: lighttpd-1.3.0
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: "Robin Bowes" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 23:51:46 +0200

Hallo Robin,

Am Dienstag, 21. September 2004 um 17:06 schriebst du:

> On Tue, September 21, 2004 16:00, Reini Urban said:
>> Robin Bowes schrieb:
>>
>>> Is there any more news about the cygwin php port?
>>>
>>
>> I posted my latest php attempts to -apps with subject "apached updates"
>> 9/9/04
>> The cli and libs built fine, the cygwin dll failed.
>> I have no idea what and where to fix it.
>> The dll building docs seem to be outdated.
>>
>>
>> maybe gerrit or brian can build it.

> Thanks for the update.

> Gerrit? Brian?

Maybe, I don't know, I have not tried it for about one year.

I never wanted to maintain Apache and when there is no server then
there is no need to have PHP;)  Well, I tried about twenty other
webservers but all I tried are were not suitable for my needs or don't
build at all, one which I ran for a while was WN server.  However I
always ended with my own Apache1 build which is sufficient for my
needs (it runs without maintenance for several months now and I think
there is pretty much load at my 144k sdsl pipe).

Recently I discovered lighttpd, IIRC it was a freshmeat announcement,
and I tried it immediatly and I liked it, it builds ok with shared
libs.  Now the upstream maintainer Jan asks to include it in the
netrelease which is really fantastic, so I stepped in and explained
Jan how to cygwinize his package, there are still some minor nits, but
all is included in the original source tarball and no patches are
needed.  Now there is a new server and maybe I'll try to get PHP
running soon.  But why wait for me?  Try it yourself?  No problem that
cannot be discussed at this list (as long as it is about problems with
building some open sourced code for cygwin).

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/