Subject: Lot of undefined symbols at link time, even with -l option on good libraries
From: Frédéric ORMANCEY <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:38:32 +0000

Using latest release of CygWin ( 1.5.11-1 ) I install the devel kit,

including gcc and gnat compilers. Then I build from src GCC and GNAT 
release 3.4.1 ( which include necessary patchs for my application ).
All my Ada application compile well with gnatmake command, but link 
failed with a lot of undefined symbols mainly issued from w32api and 
system libraries.

Undefined symbols are for example : FormatMessageA, GlobalReAlloc, 
CreateDialogParamA, WSAStartup, accept, select, ... about 100 undefined 
from system libraries.
Of course system libraries are included at link time with the 
appropriate -l option ( -lnetapi32 -lwsock32 -lshell32 -ladvapi32 
-lwinmm -lodbc32 -lwin32ada -luser32 -lgdi32 -lcomdlg32 -laddr2line 
-lbfd -liberty )
I verify with NM command, symbols are right defined in the included 
libraries.

If someone have an idea ?

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/