Subject: Re: signal delivery problem (with pthreads)
From: Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 23:17:28 -0700

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 10:08:31AM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>   No SEGV for me.  -lpthread didn't seem necessary.  I'm using a version of
> the cygwin1.dll built from CVS sources on 20041407.

Wow, that's a lot more advanced than any snapshot I've seen.  I'm
curious to know what version it reports.  If, for instance, it says
1.5.23s, we'll have advance warning that things will be quite busy
for the rest of this year.  :)

More seriously, did you try it more than once? I'm using gcc 3.4.1 and
the 20040907 snapshot and seeing intermittent SEGVs with the test
program.  Several times I got "select was interrupted 4202497 times",
indicating that something bad is happening to the thread's stack.

I did notice that the test program has erroneous calls to perror,
since the pthread_ routines don't set errno, but fixing those didn't
affect the results.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/