Subject: gdb: which dll starts at 0x461000 ?
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 11:10:26 +0200

When trying to run an experimental guile-1.7.1, it seems that a dll is
missing, but which one?  Cygcheck says everything is ok, so how do I
get more information from gdb?

$ cygcheck --verbose ./guile.exe
Warning: .\guile.exe hides c:\cygwin\bin\guile.exe
.\guile.exe - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
  c:\cygwin\bin\cygguile-16.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
    "cygguile-16.dll" v0.0 ts=2004/9/16 15:15
    c:\cygwin\bin\cygguile-ltdl-2.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
      "cygguile-ltdl-2.dll" v0.0 ts=2004/9/16 15:13
      c:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
        "cygwin1.dll" v0.0 ts=2004/9/5 5:17
        C:\WINDOWS\System32\ADVAPI32.DLL - os=5.1 img=5.1 sys=4.0
          "ADVAPI32.dll" v0.0 ts=2002/8/29 11:09
          C:\WINDOWS\System32\ntdll.dll - os=5.1 img=5.1 sys=4.0
            "ntdll.dll" v0.0 ts=2003/5/1 2:43
          C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNEL32.dll - os=5.1 img=5.1 sys=4.0
            "KERNEL32.dll" v0.0 ts=2002/8/29 11:15
            C:\WINDOWS\System32\ntdll.dll (already done)
          C:\WINDOWS\System32\RPCRT4.dll - os=5.1 img=5.1 sys=4.10
            "RPCRT4.dll" v0.0 ts=2004/3/6 2:58
            C:\WINDOWS\System32\ntdll.dll (already done)
            C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNEL32.dll (already done)
            C:\WINDOWS\System32\ADVAPI32.dll (recursive)
        C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNEL32.dll (already done)
      C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNEL32.dll (already done)
    c:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll (already done)
    c:\cygwin\bin\cyggmp-3.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
      "cyggmp-3.dll" v0.0 ts=2003/9/10 0:03
      c:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll (already done)
      C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNEL32.dll (already done)
    c:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll (already done)
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNEL32.dll (already done)
  c:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll (already done)
  C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNEL32.dll (already done)
  c:\cygwin\bin\cygguile-ltdl-2.dll (already done)
$ gdb ./guile.exe
GNU gdb 2003-09-20-cvs (cygwin-special)
Copyright 2003 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are
welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-cygwin"...
(gdb) b main
Breakpoint 1 at 0x401074
(gdb) r
Starting program: /home/root/guile.exe 

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
Error: dll starting at 0x461000 not found.

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.

Program exited with code 0200.
You can't do that without a process to debug.
(gdb) bt
(gdb) no stack

Jan.

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.lilypond.org

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/