Subject: Re: cron and copying files across drives: how?
From: Isaac Foraker <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 15:39:12 -0600

You need to "net use" the network drive before you can access it through 
cron.

IF

Andrea M wrote:

> I am having a problem running a simple bash script with cron. The 
> script executes and behaves as expected when run from the command 
> line, but when run by cron, it fails to execute some commands.
>
> I narrowed the problem down and found out that cron fails to copy 
> files between drives; for example, the following does not work
>
> * * * * * cp /cygdrive/c/Andrea/try.png /cygdrive/z/try.png
>
> I should mention that the z drive is a network drive. And yes, a 
> simple script containing that command does execute correctly from the 
> prompt.
>
> Thanks in advance
>

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/