Subject: Re: DirectX headers
From: Marcel Telka <[email-masked]>
To: Peter Ekberg <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 21:52:18 +0200

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 03:07:23PM +0200, Peter Ekberg wrote:
> Hello!
> 
> I'm working on a project (GGI) that uses DirectX (DirectInput and
> DirectDraw) and would like to be able to compile it without downloading
> the DirectX SDK from Microsoft. So, I tried to get it to work with the
> DirectX headers available in Wine and this was a success after some
> trivial #define games and some reordering.
> 
> Now, my wish is to share this possibility with others and have these
> modified headers (dinput.h and ddraw.h) in the regular cygwin dist.
> However, they are licensed under LGPL, and I don't know if that is a
> problem? Do I have to get the Wine people to relicense them under
> regular GPL?

<cite from="http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.html">
3. You may opt to apply the terms of the ordinary GNU General Public
License instead of this License to a given copy of the Library. To do
this, you must alter all the notices that refer to this License, so
that they refer to the ordinary GNU General Public License, version 2,
instead of to this License. (If a newer version than version 2 of the
ordinary GNU General Public License has appeared, then you can specify
that version instead if you wish.) Do not make any other change in
these notices.
</cite>

Regards.

-- 
+-------------------------------------------+
| Marcel Telka   e-mail:   [email-masked]  |
|                homepage: http://telka.sk/ |
|                jabber:   [email-masked] |
+-------------------------------------------+

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/