Subject: RE: File format - UNIX/DOS while installing cygwin ?
From: "Hughes, Bill" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Robert Menschel'" <[email-masked]>, Ramneek Singh <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 09:50:07 +0100

Robert Menschel wrote:
...
> 
> If the original file is on Unix, and everything (including the FTP) is
> under Cygwin, use the Unix format.

Also look at the d2u and u2d commands as well, in case you use the 'wrong'
ftp to copy your files. NB use 'd2u --help' , not man/info.

Bill
-- 
       ___
  oo  // \\      "De Chelonian Mobile"
 (_,\/ \_/ \     TortoiseSVN
   \ \_/_\_/>    The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
   /_/   \_\     http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org

This e-mail transmission is strictly confidential and intended solely
for the person or organisation to whom it is addressed. It may contain
privileged and confidential information and if you are not the intended
recipient, you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance
on it. If you have received this email in error, please reply to the
sender as soon as possible and delete the message. Please note that we
are able to, and reserve the right to, monitor e-mail communications
passing through our network.

The views expressed in this email are not that of the company unless
specified within the message.

The inclusion of this footnote indicates that the mail message and any
attachments have been checked for the presence of known viruses.

If you have any comments regarding our policy please direct them to
[email-masked]
________________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Email
Security System. For more information on a proactive email security
service working around the clock, around the globe, visit
http://www.messagelabs.com
________________________________________________________________________

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/