Subject: Re: 1.5.11: execvp bug (XP)
From: Isaac Foraker <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 11:33:05 -0600

Funny you should say that.  My boss and I just discovered that as the 
culprit.  There is a bug that only manifests in 1.5.11.  Even though 
'which perl' shows /usr/bin/perl, make was running /usr/local/bin/perl.  
The version of /usr/local/bin/perl somehow lost it's 'x' attribute, so 
it couldn't be run.

So, now the question is why was perl being run from /usr/local/bin 
instead of /usr/bin when which perl shows perl in /usr/bin?  This 
doesn't happen under Cygwin 1.5.10 DLLs.  I suspect a problem with the 
execvp function.

Thanks,
IF

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

>Do you have a "perl.exe" somewhere *else* in your PATH?  Try "type -a
>perl" from bash, or "which -a perl"...  How about "type -a perl.exe" or
>"which -a perl.exe"?  What happens when you name the symlink "perl.exe"
>instead of "perl"?
>	Igor
>
>  
>

-- 
Isaac W. Foraker <[email-masked]>
Sr. Software Engineer, Xilinx, Longmont, CO 720.652.3918

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/