Subject: Re: BUG gcc-mingw 20040810-1 library search path
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Igor Pechtchanski <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 17:08:02 +0200

Hallo Igor,

Am Montag, 30. August 2004 um 16:14 schriebst du:

> On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>> >> This is in binutils/ld/configure.tgt:
>> >> i[3-7]86-*-cygwin*)     targ_emul=i386pe ;
>> >>                         targ_extra_ofiles="deffilep.o pe-dll.o"
>> >>                         test "$targ" != "$host" &&
>> >> LIB_PATH='${tooldir}/lib/w32api' ;;
>> >>
>> >> where tooldir should be /usr/i686-pc-mingw32 in this case and you need
>> >> to have the symlinks installed in /usr/i686-pc-mingw32:
>> >>     21 Nov  1  2003 bin -> ../i686-pc-cygwin/bin
>> >>     16 Nov  1  2003 include -> ../include/mingw
>> >>     12 Nov  1  2003 lib -> ../lib/mingw

The whole point was that there is stated in binutils ld config
LIB_PATH='${tooldir}/lib/w32api' and the symlink is named
/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/lib and this sysmlink points to ../lib/mingw
which means saying /usr/i686-pc-mingw32/lib means the same as saying
/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/../lib/mingw.  When I say now
${tooldir}/lib/w32api it is the same as saying
/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/../lib/mingw/w32api which doesn't resolve and I
wonder how this works.

I'm sure it is working since the windows import libraries are included
all the time when you link and they are always in path, removing
libuuid from /usr/lib should do it in the case of the initial starter
and if he needs to have it then moving to another directory should
help.  The e2fs maintainer will move it to a subdirectory the next
release.

Gerrit

-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/