Subject: Problem with setup 2.427 under Windows 2000
From: "Patrick Jones" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 23:49:48 -0400

Hi all. I am attempting to run setup.exe, version 2.427 under Windows 2000 
Professional on a Toshiba laptop. After making all the setup option 
selections, the setup fails, with a dialog window saying 'setup.exe has been 
terminated by Windows. You will need to restart the program'.

The first time I tried to run setup, I looked in 'setup\var\log'. It said 
that Cygwin could not detect McShield because McAfee is not installed. I am 
aware that setup has problems running simultaneously with anti-virus 
software, but I have no anti-virus software on the computer (as the error 
diagnostic indicates).

This computer is not connected to the internet. So I had to download and 
burn the tarballs to CD on another machine. I then copied the files from CD 
to a folder residing on my desktop on the machine in question...and am 
attempting to run setup from this folder.

This is my first time posting to this list and trying to use Cygwin. Many 
apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere (I've read several postings 
with regard to 2.427 setup - but none addressing quite the same concern as 
mine).

Best regards,
Pat Jones

_________________________________________________________________
On the road to retirement? Check out MSN Life Events for advice on how to 
get there! http://lifeevents.msn.com/category.aspx?cid=Retirement

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/