Subject: Re: New snapshot with fork race potentially solved (attn hyperthreaded dog owners)
From: David Chatterton <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 10:22:01 +1000

> I made a change to cygwin based on some research by Pierre Humblet
 > (what else is new?) which should solve a fork race which would cause
 > strange behavior on multi-CPU or hyperthreaded systems.
 >
 > It's probably too much to hope that this would solve all of the
 > reported problems but I would appreciate if people would give the
 > latest snapshot a try:
 >
 > http://cygwin.com/snapshots/

Sorry to report that this does not fix the problem.

David

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/