Subject: Error creating dialog(update 3) not fix but warning
From: "Turbanov Vladislav Dmitrievich" <[email-masked]>
To: "Cygwin Mailing List" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Igor Pechtchanski" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 19:58:33 +0400

There is a problem while creating a dialog....
The DialogBox Procedure returns -1,but the GetLastError returns
ERROR_SUCCESS...

 While debuging I noticed that it sends these messages to DialogProc: 2 and
130 - both of them are not WM_INITDIALOG since it is 272
    Seems that the use IEDIT in dialog template is malfunctionous in
windres...
Using it causes dialogs not to appear...I mentioned the strange behaviour of
windres when it didn't allow me to omit IEDIT caption... IEDIT has no
caption
at all .... and is not defined by MS-SDK

    Yes, the error is is....DO NOT USE IEDIT .... windres compiles it
wrong...USE TEXTEDIT with ES_NUMBER and then convert it to numeric data ....
WINDRES IS WRONG!!!

P.S. Excuse me , Gar-r-ri,  maybe I did write it in the wrong style for
ya....

THX

THX

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/