Subject: Re: How to install gcc/g++ 2.95 (older version of gcc) on cygwin ?
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 09:10:04 -0700

bt tan wrote:
> 
> How about gcc/g++ version 3.0.0 ? Is it as buggy as
> 2.95?
> 
> I have lotsa buggy program which was made using 2.95
> it runs smoothly on 2.95 of gcc. But fails to run
> using 3.3 and 3.4 which I've tried. I would like to
> try on the version 2.95. Any idea how may I do that?

Like I said, the 2.x version is buggy under Cygwin.  See also
<http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2003-10/msg00003.html> 
Proceed at your own risk.  If you want to continue, Google for the
filename of the package and find an old mirror that still has the
package.  I believe the last released version was called gcc2-2.95.3-10
so Google for "gcc2-2.95.3-10.tar.bz2" and/or
"gcc2-2.95.3-10-src.tar.bz2".  Please don't expect the list to help if
this doesn't work, as it's not supported.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/