Subject: Re: How to install gcc/g++ 2.95 (older version of gcc) on cygwin ?
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 08:02:35 -0700

bt tan wrote:

>        Any body have any idea how can I install an
> older version of gcc on the cygwin?
> 
>    I've tried download the tarball from ftp.gnu.org
> but dunno how to install it. Any ideas?

gcc 2.95 was removed from the Cygwin distribution because it was buggy
and no one was interested in fixing it.  So the answer is, you don't use
2.x gcc.

If you're careful you can find an old mirror that still has the 2.95
package (search for its exact filename with a search engine) but
downloading this known-buggy program is entirely up to you and you'll
have to solve any issues that come up yourself.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/