Subject: RE: configure: error: invalid package name: extra-includes
From: "Peter Ekberg" <[email-masked]>
To: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 15:45:54 +0200

> The last time I tried to build ggi-project failed with compilation
> errors.  That probably means that I was able to configure it 
> or parts of
> it.

I have spent some time on getting libggi working. I believe it does work
now, you have to use the cvs version though as the released versions do
not have all the patches that has been commited lately.

The problem is not that I can't get it to work. It works *most* of the
time. *Sometimes* there's this mysterious failure though. I'm tired of
adding spaces to the configure command and I would also like
"./config.status --recheck" to work reliably.

What does an extra space between configure arguments really change? This
is friggin' strange.

> I always update the autogenerated part when a package is going to
> build shared libraries, try: autoreconf --install --force --verbose in
> the source directory.  Well, you do this anyway when building 
> from CVS?

No, there is an autogen.sh script included though. It basically boils
down to this:
aclocal
autoheader
automake --add-missing
autoconf

Anyway, I tried:
WANT_LIBTOOL_VER=1.5.6 WANT_AUTOMAKE_VER=1.8.5 WANT_AUTOCONF_VER=2.59
autoreconf --install --force --verbose
and I can still reproduce the bug. I can configure with the "correct"
number of extra spaces though, but it later bugs out during make so that
is a definite step backwards.

> Which version of configure, automake, libtool are you using?

autoconf 2.59 and automake 1.8.5 and an old libtool (libtool is included
in libgii, I've had to throw quite a few patches at it to make it work
with cygwin/mingw. I reported a dlltool/dllwrap problem to this list
earlier related to this and got the advise to use "gcc -shared").

Cheers,
Peter

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/