Subject: Re: Attn: gtk2-x11 maintainer - postinstall patch
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: "Robb, Sam" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 13:30:51 +0200

Sam wrote:

> When doing a full installation of Cygiwn on a clean machine,
> setup.exe runs into an error when running the postinstall
> script for gtk2-x11 as documented in the mail message:

>   http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-07/msg01125.html

> Note that when this error message occurs, X has been installed,
> but the X postinstall script(s) haven't been run yet.  As a
> result, the default PATH doesn't contain /usr/X11R6/bin.

> The attached patch to the gtk2-x11 postinstall script works
> around the problem by explicitly setting the PATH for the
> postinstall script execution.  It also changes the calls to
> mkdir and chmod to use absolute paths as well, though this
> probably really isn't neccesary with the PATH being set
> properly.

> -Samrobb

> --- gtk2-x11.sh.orig    2004-07-06 12:21:39.000000000 -0400
> +++ gtk2-x11.sh 2004-08-24 16:32:09.538908200 -0400
> @@ -1,7 +1,9 @@
>  #!/usr/bin/sh

> -mkdir -p /etc/gtk-2.0
> -chmod 777 /etc/gtk-2.0
> +export PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin

This should already be included in the latest release.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=                                     http://nyckelpiga.de/donate.html

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/