Subject: Re: environment variable name converted to upper case
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: "Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID)" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 10:46:52 -0400

On Sat, Aug 21, 2004 at 01:06:50PM -0400, Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) wrote:
>To expand on what Chris wrote, this is caused by the fact that in
>command.com (but not cmd.exe as supplied by XP - I don't know about
>earlier versions of cmd.exe) all user-setable Windows environmental
>variable are uppercase.

No.  Cygwin goes out of its way to change environment variables to upper
case.  Environment variables in windows, on NT+ at least, can be mixed
case.  Unfortunately, sometimes you find things like "Path" instead of
"PATH" so Cygwin needs to rectify that.

To repeat, translating environment variables to uppercase is something
that *cygwin* does.  Check out environ.cc for more information.

cgf

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/