Subject: Re: Trouble with home
From: "Steven E. Harris" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:42:52 -0700

Erik Weibust <[email-masked]> writes:

> Have you tried "hard-coding" the $HOME you want for the user in the
> /etc/passwd?  That worked for me.

Similarly, I hard-coded "/home/seh" in my /etc/passwd file. I created
the root /home directory. Beneath that I symlinked "seh" to
"/mnt/c/Documents and Settings/seh/My Documents/". That way both
Windows and Cygwin have the same home directory in mind.

It would be nice if this scheme were automated, but then this is but
one of many possible schemes.

-- 
Steven E. Harris

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/