Subject: Re: Question about moving cygwin to another dirve
From: "Fergus Daly" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 08:17:27 +0100

> Change the mount information in the registry

Or, if you are nervy about editing your registry,

1. It looks as though your mount points are still located on c: not g:?
At the bash prompt you could try

	mount

just to see what the mount points are. If still c:/.. then try

	mount -m > /bin/mnt.log

and then exit Cygwin. To be honest I'm not certain from what you have
said whether the file mnt.log will have ended up in the directory
c:\Cygwin\bin\ or g:\Cygwin\bin\ but in any case find it, and move to
that directory. From there, and in a command window using any editor,
change all mentions of "c:" in the file mnt.log to "g:". Then, still in
the command window

	.\umount -c
	.\umount -A
	.\bash mnt.log

should set your mount points correctly on g: not c:.

Or

2. I think you should still find umount in either c:\Cygwin\bin\ or
g:\Cygwin\bin\ and from a command window move there and run

	.\umount -c
	.\umount -A

to get rid of all confusions about where you might or might not be
mounted. Then call up http://cygwin.com/setup.exe, press Open not Save,
and when the default 

	c:\cygwin

is offered change it to

	g:\cygwin

and then proceed to the end of setup. (You might or might not be offered
updates, that you can accept or not.) This will recover your mount
points.

Fergus

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/