Subject: Re: gtk2-x11: Functions whose name started with '_'
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Yaakov Selkowitz <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 01:58:36 +0200

Yaakov,

> In theory you're 100% correct, but in practice it appears otherwise.  I
> admit that I have not investigated this issue myself, rather I'm
> trusting Hansom Young on what he said.  If it's indeed true that the big
> linux distros don't "follow the rules", that's a pretty big precedent,
> isn't it?

I don't care much what other people do or say.  But good arguments may
convince me;)

Anyway, currently I have a strange problem, I cannot rebuild gtk2 on
the same machine where I compiled it two days before.  The only thing
I changed was to update gcc, i.e. getting an error now when linking
gdk-pixbuf because the generated .def file seems to be broken.

I'll need to investigate if it works ok with the previous gcc or
whatever the reason is.  I think I'll try to build without the .def
file as well to see how it works.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/