Subject: Re: igawk problem
From: Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 11:35:17 -0700

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 11:30:49PM -0400, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> This looks like an upstream igawk portability bug -- the lines
> 
> 	processed_program=`gawk -- "$expand_prog" /dev/stdin <<EOF
> 	$program
> 	EOF
> 
> look like the culprit.  They should be using xargs instead...

Not true.  Running an awk program several times on a subsets of the
files, as xargs may do, isn't necessarily going to have the same
effect as running it once on all the files.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/