Subject: Fopen trouble under Cygwin 1.5.10-3
From: "Mark Schamberger" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 22:07:35 -0500

I experienced a problem with Cygwin 1.5.10-3 on two different machines on
the same local area network (Cygwin 1.5.9-1 works OK).  CVS fails (cvs
status or cvs update) complaining that it is unable to create a read lock.
The CVS repository is on a remote file system (CIFS).  I reported this
already (for reference it is here
http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-06/msg00014.html).

Digging deeper, I have found the root of the problem - fopen fails, errno is
set to ENOENT (in CVS's lock.c).  Fopen works on the local file system, but
fails on a remote file system under 1.5.10-3.  If I revert back to 1.5.9-1,
Fopen is again happy for both local and remote file systems.  I am able to
successfully use touch and mkdir on the remote file system, so permissions
seem ok.

I found a very similar problem description at
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/crossgcc/2003-11/msg00008.html, but this
appears to be on a local file system.  However, I did not see any resolution
for that specific problem.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Regards, Mark Schamberger

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/