Subject: Re: error in compiling berkeleydb-4.2.52 in cygwin
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: kevin J <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Gerrit @ cygwin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 00:43:20 +0200

Hello kevin,

> I need to make a dpkg with berkeleydb so I need to be able to compile
> berkeleydb source.
> Is there any required libs for berkeleydb compilation?

No. But now I see, you are building in the "build_win32" subdirectory.
The Windows version cannot be compiled with Cygwin, the Unix version
is distributed.

Look in the source package from the Cygwin distribution, there is a
patchfile, this is what I used to build BDB for the release.  There is
also a script which may be helpful.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/