Subject: Re: Problem after upgrade to gcc-3.3.3
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: "Dave Korn" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 07:44:45 +0200

Hello Dave,

>   And indeed it seems that we aren't the first to discover this.

> http://floppsie.comp.glam.ac.uk/pipermail/gm2/2004-June.txt

I tried to integrate Modula2 with the Cygwin GCC, but I saw no
problems with the .def files and missed also that gm2l was not
installed.

>   I don't build dlls often, and even less so with gnu tools.  What
> is the meaning of passing a .def file to the compiler?  Since
> there's nothing in there to compile, but plenty of symbol names, I
> wonder, is this just to get the same .def filename passed through to
> the linker command-line? Try prefixing it with "-Wl," if that's the
> case. 

In case of libglade it works to link the DLL if I use the prefix -Wl,.
Since the link commands are libtool generated in case of libglade, it
is a libtool problem/bug to not use the correct prefix when there is a
.def file on the link command line (iff it is correct to pass it to
the linker).

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/