Subject: Re: Perl packaging suggestion - vendor_perl
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 02:47:34 +0200

Hallo Max,

Am Donnerstag, 12. August 2004 um 00:47 schriebst du:

> Would it be possible to package the extra modules included in the Cygwin
> perl package in the vendor_perl hierarchy?

Sure, this is obviously a good thing.

> This would leave the site_perl hierarchy clear for site additions, and allow
> site additions to be purged without affecting parts of the package.

More interesting is that you can install your own version which goes
to site_perl and overrides the distributed version in vendor_perl
which is last path in the search order.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/