Subject: cygserver cleanup thread
From: bertrand marquis <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: 11 Aug 2004 10:13:45 +0200

Hello,

i'm making a program using shared memory and as a consequence i need to
use the cygserver. But when i close my program the ipcs give me this
output:

$ ipcs -ma
Shared Memory:
T     ID               KEY        MODE       OWNER    GROUP  CREATOR  
CGROUP NATTCH  SEGSZ  CPID  LPID    ATIME    DTIME    CTIME
m 262144                    0 --rw-------      bma     Kein      bma    
Kein      0 2056192   1280   1988 10:07:25 10:07:46 10:07:13
m 262145                    0 --rw-------      bma     Kein      bma    
Kein      0   6320   1280   1268 10:07:13 10:07:46 10:07:13
m 262146                    0 --rw-------      bma     Kein      bma    
Kein      0 2056192   1280   1268 10:07:13 10:07:46 10:07:13
m 262147                    0 --rw-------      bma     Kein      bma    
Kein      0   6320   1280   1268 10:07:13 10:07:46 10:07:13
m 262148                    0 --rw-------      bma     Kein      bma    
Kein      0 1794048   1280   1268 10:07:13 10:07:46 10:07:13
m 262149                    0 --rw-------      bma     Kein      bma    
Kein      0   6320   1280   2060 10:07:19 10:07:46 10:07:19
m 262150                    0 --rw-------      bma     Kein      bma    
Kein      0 2056192   1280   2060 10:07:19 10:07:46 10:07:19
m 262151                    0 --rw-------      bma     Kein      bma    
Kein      0   6320   1280   1988 10:07:25 10:07:46 10:07:24
m 327688                    0 --rw-------      bma     Kein      bma    
Kein      0 2056192   1280   1988 10:07:25 10:07:46 10:07:24
m 327689                    0 --rw-------      bma     Kein      bma    
Kein      0   6320   1280   1988 10:07:25 10:07:46 10:07:25
m 262154                    0 --rw-------      bma     Kein      bma    
Kein      0 2056192   1280   1988 10:07:25 10:07:46 10:07:25
m 262155                    0 --rw-------      bma     Kein      bma    
Kein      0   6320   1280   1988 10:07:25 10:07:46 10:07:25
m 262156                    0 --rw-------      bma     Kein      bma    
Kein      0 2056192   1280   1988 10:07:25 10:07:46 10:07:25
m 196636                    0 --rw-------      bma     Kein      bma    
Kein      0   6320   1280   1988 10:07:25 10:07:46 10:07:13

In fact all the shared memory i used is still there and is used by
nobody (NNATCH 0). I thought that the cleanup thread of the cygserver
was supposed to clean those but i have to remove them myself. Is this a
normal behavior ? Is there something to configure in cygserver to clean
those ?

i'm using the default configuration file produced by the cygserver
config script and the output of my cygcheck is enclosed to this mail

thanks
bertrand

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/