Subject: Re: i see no perl executable around there
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: "Gerrit @ cygwin" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 16:42:35 +0200

Hello Steve,

[...]

> If you finish a perl build the make install step will fix the ld2 to
> contain what the release version contains, if you don't install perl
> into /usr/bin, it needs manually fixing.  Isn't this already in the
> README.cygwin (aka perldoc perlcygwin) included?

If you use a prefix other than /usr/bin to build perl yourself and the
other path comes first in the PATH setting, the broken ld2 may also be
there (e.g. /usr/local/bin/ld2).

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/