Subject: Re: GTK/pango etc.
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Jani tiainen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 00:59:55 +0200

Hallo Jani,

Am Sonntag, 8. August 2004 um 00:29 schriebst du:

> Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>> Hallo Jani,
>>>>Well, I really meant compiled under cygwin, but without X11...
>>>It should be possible to build it, unfortunately it compiles not as
>>>is.
>>>To try yoursewlf, you have to define --with-gdk-target=win32 instead
>>>of --with-gdk-target=x11.
>> Actually the option is --with-gdktarget=win32
>> [...]
>>>I'll give it another try later, maybe we can resolve the issues
>>>together?
>> It seems they have fixed the bug in the latest release, there are some
>> other issues (typo in configure.in, missing -L switch and some other
>> bugs), but it compiles ok now, I'll see if I can get a package out of
>> this.
> Err... atleast it compiled okay with mine setup (I used 2.5.1) but I
> couldn't get pango 1.5.2 to compile, there were some errors in win32
> backend.

It was broken in the version that was first released for Cygwin
compiled from gtk+-2.4.3, 2.4.4 is ok.

Pango 1.4.x released for Cywgin includes both backends, it builds ok.

I have a package completed now.  It will need some discussion how to
distribute since it contains several files which are already in the
gtk2-x11 package include, so one can install both packages using
setup.exe, but the second installation will overwrite the most of the
first installation.  I'm not sure if this is a good thing.

I can send you the patchfile with my buildscript if you're in a hurry.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/