Subject: Please help with 4NT and Cygwin problem?? (WinXP)
From: Daniel Miller <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 20:00:27 +0000 (UTC)

I'm running 4NT (current version) on a Windows XP system.  Recently I 
got a spyware program on my machine which messed some things up.  I 
removed the spyware, but I find that I cannot run any Cygwin utilities 
from the 4NT prompt anymore.  When I run a program (such as cat, strace, 
gcc, make, etc), I just immediately get a command prompt back.  I tried 
completely removing both 4NT and Cygwin, including registry entries and 
all copies of cyg*.dll, rebooting, and reinstalling both packages, but 
the problem is unchanged.

The utilities run fine from an regular CMD.EXE console.  Jpsoft is 
unwilling to provide any assistance with this, though I'm a registered 
user.  Also, most (if not all) other console programs work, only the 
Cygwin utilities seem to have a problem.

Can anyone here provide any ideas on what I can do to find out why the 
Cygwin utilities are terminating immediately??  I can't even run strace, 
since it also terminates immediately with no messages!!  This is very 
frustrating!!

	Dan Miller

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/