Subject: Re: To cygwin postgresql maintainer: tutorial RFC
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 08:00:16 -0400

Carlo,

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 03:49:47PM +0800, Carlo Florendo wrote:
> However, I would like to get some of your comments before I post about
> its existence on some postgresql mailing lists. 

Nice job.  I only have minor comments which are not very useful.
However, I recommend contributing your documentation directly to
PostgreSQL.  In this way, your tutorial will not become YA one.

Maybe an "Installation on Cygwin" chapter like the following:

    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/install-win32.html

would be a good approach.

Jason

-- 
PGP/GPG Key: http://www.tishler.net/jason/pubkey.asc or key servers
Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D  8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/