Subject: Re: Whack-a-Mole: Purging Cygnus from Registry
From: Todd Curry <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 10:12:33 -0700

Larry, Max, Dave,

Thanks!  There were 26 instances of cygwin1.dll on the machine.  When 
removed, rebooted, and regedited, the registry is now 100% free of 
moles!

Thanks again,

Todd
-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Hall <[email-masked]>
To: Todd Curry <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Sent: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:52:51 -0400
Subject: Re: Whack-a-Mole: Purging Cygnus from Registry

At 11:45 AM 7/16/2004, you wrote:
>Corinna,
>
>This is purely a cygwin question: this particular XP machine *had* 
cygwin
installed, and I must remove it before installing any 
backuppc-related-repackagings-of-cygwinue
software gets installed.

OK, so find all the cygwin1.dlls left on your system and delete them.  
Like
others said, if something is using cygwin1.dll, you'll get a complaint 
the
next time you boot at least.  You can then track down and eradicate all 
those
things.  For the official Cygwin release, if you installed any services 
that
are configured to run automatically at boot up, you need to uninstall 
these.
Then just delete the Cygwin directory.  If no other products on your 
system
run Cygwin, that would remove Cygwin from your system (you can remove 
the
registry entries manually if you like).  That's all that's required.  
See
<http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_toc.html#TOC19> if you have not already for 
the
official word.

--
Larry Hall                              http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc.                      (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street                   (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/