Subject: Re: "cd" in bash script not being executed
From: "Michael D. Crawford" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 13:21:52 -0400

> the script fails to change directory.

Just to make sure, put the following on the line after #!/bin/bash

set -x

and then before and after the line with the cd command:

pwd

Are you sure it's not changing directory, or could something else be going wrong?

Mike
-- 
Michael D. Crawford
GoingWare Inc. - Expert Software Development and Consulting
http://www.goingware.com
[email-masked]

   Tilting at Windmills for a Better Tomorrow.

     "I give you this one rule of conduct. Do what you will, but speak
      out always. Be shunned, be hated, be ridiculed, be scared,
      be in doubt, but don't be gagged."
      -- John J. Chapman, "Make a Bonfire of Your Reputations"
         http://www.goingware.com/reputation/

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/