Subject: Re: Entry point *main* can't be found in cygpango-1.0-0.dll
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 17:01:31 +0200

richard wrote:

> Hello,

> After i downloaded Gerrit P. Haase new packages (glib2, pango, atk and
> gtk2), i compiled GVIM and each time i try to launch the generated
> executable be it VIM or GVIM i get an error message saying that entry
> point *main* couldn't be found in cygpango-1.0-0.dll.

> I attached the output of *cygcheck -srv > cygcheck_log.txt*

According to this output you have another version of pango installed in
/usr/local/lib:
  587k 2004/05/12 D:\users\dje\cyginstall\usr\local\bin\cygpango-1.0-0.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygpango-1.0-0.dll" v0.0 ts=2004/5/12 13:25
/usr/lib:
  187k 2004/06/30 D:\users\dje\cyginstall\bin\cygpango-1.0-0.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygpango-1.0-0.dll" v0.0 ts=2004/6/30 19:49

Your PATH setting shows that /bin comes at first before /usr/local/bin:
Path:   D:\users\dje\cyginstall\bin
[...]
        D:\users\dje\cyginstall\usr\local\bin

But that doesn't mean that you have linked against the correct version
of the import library.  Please try to remove pango from /usr/local/lib &
/usr/local/bin and also the includes from /usr/local/include/pango-1.0
and build VIM again (from scratch).

> Any hints would be appreciated.

HTH.

> Thank you in advance.
> -Richard

> PS: Gerrit Thaaaaaank you for these packages :)

You're welcome;)

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=                                     http://nyckelpiga.de/donate.html

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/