Subject: Re: Not reallly OT: searching for mysql++
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 12:12:16 +0200

Christopher wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 04:07:42PM +0200, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>>Unfortunately the server isn't running with recent Cygwin releases
>>(once again), but you can use the clients with the Windows version of the
>>server.

> Gerrit, maybe you should change your signature to "Nothing works with the
> latest cygwin release".  It would probably save you some typing.

Hehe, it is not really that bad.  I've completed the GCC build with the
Cygwin snapshot 2004-06-04. Some Java tests which were failing with
1.5.9 are now succeeding.  Can I get a 1.5.10-4 release, please?

Unfortunately it is true for the MySQL Server.  It worked with 1.5.5 in
January and the same server running on 1.5.10 cannot be connected
without crashing it.  It is the same behaviour as it was back in the
sixties as Cygwin switched from 1.3.x to 1.5 releases until Corinna
fixed something (socket related?).

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=                                     http://nyckelpiga.de/donate.html

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/